Keeping ducks and geese on a plot can provide a number of benefits to your property.
- They are hardy birds that can live for up to seven years.
- They lay eggs that you can eat, just like chicken eggs.
- They provide meat.
- They are easy to contain.
- They aren’t as prone to infectious diseases as chickens.
- They eat slugs, worms and any other small creatures that they can catch.
- Their basic requirements are simple. All they need is water, food and a safe place to spend the night.
- And of course it’s nice to have them waddling around making happy quacks.
To read more on keeping ducks and geese, have a look at the article on page 15 of the January edition of the SA Smallholder Digital Magazine. Click here to read it now.
This magazine is specially designed for digital use: Click on any advert, email or phone number to contact the advertiser directly.
Receive the SA Smallholder Digital Magazine straight to your inbox ~ for free ~ each month. Click here to sign up today.